Friday, June 1, 2012

A brief explanation

     As I sit, wondering why I get issues escalated to me that shouldn't have been, I feel compelled to blog a bit more about me.  An explanation perhaps as to what will be seen.

     I grew up on a farm.  We had fresh veggies, milk, eggs, and healthy natural beef and chicken.  My mother stayed at home and worked on the farm, and provided my twin and I with tasty home cooked meals.  I learned how to cook, and have a fairly decent selection of recipes in my head.  I can do just about anything with beef/chicken, and have a firm base in baking.

    That being said - I don't cook.  I am single (I have a roommate, but we work opposite shifts, and Bobs diet is quite possibly worse than mine, further, he doesn't care to change it), and cooking for one is a bizarre form of masturbation.  So, I don't cook.  I have a few implements, pots and pans, spatulas, cheese grater etc.  But not what you would consider a real working kitchen.  More over, I am not going to change that.  For this to be a sustainable change, it needs to be sustainable within the confines of my current living arrangements.  In the future I may upgrade my kitchen but at the moment what I have to work with is what I have to work with.

      As a result, the meals you see prepared will be simple.   Meat, eggs, vegetables and the occasional bit of fruit.  The meat will by and large be grilled on my beloved Foreman, the vegetables steamed, and both seasoned with salt and pepper, paprika, and maybe garlic.   I know a lot of folks espouse the variety that can be obtained within the Whole 30, but the simple truth is, if it takes me more than 15 minutes to prepare my meal, I will become annoyed.  I don't live to eat, its a nuisance that I have to deal with, and I don't want to spend truly significant amounts of time dedicated to seasoning and preparing what will become, after a brief trip through my digestive tract, excrement.

     So that;s it.  Just an update.  Now to go cook lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment